American peanut butter symbolizes comfort for me. I always spied a jar in my grandmother, Nona’s pantry on summer visits to Colorado. At age five I learned English from my cousin Sarah in Colorado. I remember Nona hovering with a plate of peanut butter topped graham crackers.
An Elementary & Delicious Equation:
Peanut butter + Sugar + Eggs + Cherry Chips = Scrumptious Cookies!
Later, Dick, Jane, Spot and the Bobbsey Twins also assisted with my studies of English. (Do young kids still read these books?) By the time, Nancy Drew mysteries made their way into my hands, my stepmother was on the scene and stocked our Tokyo pantry with American peanut butter. Buried deep in my father’s reading chair, I’d dip graham crackers into Skippy and marvel at the clever detective work of Nancy Drew. (I was in awe of her cool convertible, too.)
Okay, enough of a trip down memory lane for this Ninja Baker. Is peanut butter a comfort food for you? Creamy or crunchy? Love to hear about your childhood faves.
4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies
When flipping through O, The Oprah Magazine recently, you can bet I clipped a 3 ingredient recipe for peanut butter cookies. I reduced the sugar, added cherry chips and baked up slightly smaller versions. Peanut butter sings in every blissful bite! And the cherry on top is, well, the cherry chip! (Dark chocolate chips may crown my next batch of peanut butter cookies.) More good news - the cookies are gluten-free!
The peanut butter cookies are my contribution to this week’s 5-ingredients-or-less theme at the #SundaySupper get-together at Twitter. Delighted to have you join the conversation. Please do scroll down for details and more sweet and savory delights. Alice Choi of Hip Foodie Mom hosts. (Alice is indeed hip on how to have great fun and concoct gorgeous meals and desserts.)
This recipe is dedicated to multitasking jugglers of time who deserve a delicious break! Imagine dipping a big spoon into peanut butter. Now imagine tasting the full flavor of that wonderful PB in cookie form with a burst of cherry....You may find this 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookie climbing to the top of your to-do list!
Adapted from a recipe at Oprah.com
- 2 cups crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar (reserve ½ cup for sprinkling on top)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cherry chips
- Mix together the peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs.
- Fold in the cherry chips.
- With a mini ice cream scoop (or tablespoon measuring spoon) drop the cookie dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten with a shot glass covered in sugar. (Slightly dampening the bottom of the glass helps in making the sugar stick.)
- Freeze overnight.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When the cookies come out of the oven, place on the cooling rack.
- Immediately garnish each center with a cherry chip.
Makes 80 small cookies.
Note: Baking times may vary depending on the liquidiness - the oil content - of your peanut butter.
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber "Noodle" Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Sides and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Slow Cooker Turkey Half Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma's Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma's Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Desserts and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu's Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida's Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni's Food
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Bites of Peanut Butter Bliss
Wishing you the comforts of hovering angels and grandmothers.
The Ninja Baker
© ™ Watkinson 2012
The Ninja Baker has guest blogged and contributed recipes to numerous food sites. These additional recipes can be found here.