Ramen. The Japanese noodles are everywhere. First I thought LA’s love affair with ramen was exclusive to this City of Angels. However, after traveling across this (mostly) great United (sometimes) States of America, I see Japanese ramen noodles nodding hello from the Asian aisles in supermarkets in even the sleepiest seaside towns.
The Ninja Baker's Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles
America’s welcome of the ubiquitous Japanese ramen makes sense. Ramen is a DIY fast food. Ripping open a package of ramen is a relief for a multi-tasking mom or for the college student burning the midnight oil. Plus, like any do-it-yourself project, the crafter has the power to decorate ramen noodles with whatever topping is desired.
Here are a few suggestions of how to serve up Japanese ramen noodles with panache.
This weekend I created Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles…It’s raining in LA – classic comfort food weather! What better way to enjoy the pitter-patter of rain harmonizing with the hissing heater?
Ramen swirled in creamy chicken soup with veggies and chunks of chicken.
My chicken ramen mini casseroles are baked in ramekins. Creamy Campbell’s Soup goodness hugs green peas, carrots, corn, roasted chicken in a nest of ramen noodles. Another plus, for those of us who have repeatedly heard, “Patience is a virtue that will never hurt you.” In less than 30 minutes, you and yours can dig into steaming hot chicken ramen mini casseroles. In other words, my recipe creates extra time to put your feet up and enjoy another episode of Downton Abbey. (The British import is a glorified soap opera. But, sooooo engaging and addictive.) Which show would you watch with your chicken ramen mini casserole?
Low on time? Highly concerned about health and deliciousness?
Chicken ramen mini casseroles are your kid-friendly solution.
My chicken ramen mini casseroles are also a fantastic way to use leftovers in a flavorful fashion!
Adapted from Campbell Soup's Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole recipe.
- 1 packet (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, cooked and cubed
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 can (10 ¾ ounces) fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup roasted chicken, finely shredded
1. Boil ramen noodles (without the seasoned soup packet) in 2 cups of water. Drain.
2. In a large pan, over medium-low heat, gently stir together the ramen, veggies, coconut milk, soup and chicken.
3. Divide the casserole contents into 5 ramekins (rubbed with coconut oil or greased with butter.)
4. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes.
5. Serve hot and savor the smiles of happiness on the faces of friends and family.
Mommy, TV star and blogger Alice of A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen hosts our captivating casserole themed #SundaySupper at Twitter today. (Scroll down for your invite to the virtual table.) If you visit A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen , you'll see Alice is an awesome mommy, wife and food aficionado! Here's the fantastic list of yummy casseroles she's assembled for #SundaySupper!
Captivating Breakfast Casseroles
- Boozy Baked French Toast from Brunch with Joy
- Orange & Date Wife Saver Breakfast Casserole from A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Spinach, Sausage and Polenta Breakfast Casserole from The Redhead Baker
Appetizing Casserole Sides
- Baked Cauli-Tots Casserole from Cupcake and Kale Chips
- Savory Sweet Potato and Sausage Bread Pudding from Nik Snacks
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts Casserole from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Main Event Casseroles
- Artichoke and Spinach Macaroni and Cheese Casserole from Ruffles & Truffles
- Baked Penne with Roasted Cauliflower and Italian Sausage from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Bison Meatloaf Casserole from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Cheesy Chicken Corkscrew Casserole from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Cheesy, Creamy, Cauliflower and Sausage Casserole from Eating In Instead
- Chicken Enchiladas from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Parmesan Quinoa Bake from Alida's Kitchen
- Chicken Ramen Mini Casseroles from The Ninja Baker
- Chicken with Whole Grains Casserole from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Chinese Noodle Casserole from Momma's Meals
- Crab Casserole for Two from Magnolia Days
- Homemade Poppy Seed Chicken from Food Done Light
- Fully Loaded Tater Tot Casserole from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- King Ranch Casserole from The Texan New Yorker
- King Ranch Mac and Cheese from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Ziti with Meatballs from Curious Cuisiniere
- Mexican Lasagna from MealDiva
- Mom's Taco Casserole from Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Moroccan Polenta Casserole from Pancake Warriors
- Moussaka from Nosh My Way
- Neeps & Tatties Casserole from Happy Baking Days
- Quick No Boil Tuna Pasta Bake from Mess Makes Food
- Sausage Peppers and Onion Pasta Casserole from Family Foodie
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie from The Messy Baker
- Cheesy, Layered Italian Pasta Torta from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Stove-top Four Cheese Mac and Cheese from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Supreme Pizza Strata from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Sweet Corn and Green Chile Chicken Tamale Pie from Simply Healthy Family
- Taco Casserole from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Decadent Dessert and Sweet Casseroles
- Baked Lemon Dessert from Food Lust People Love
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls from Pies and Plots
- Butterscotch Bread Pudding from The Foodie Army Wife
- Classic Apple Crisp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ultimate Deep Dish Brownies from Recipe for Perfection
- Vegan Oreo Rice Krispie Treats from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Wishing you ramenlicious days of rapture.
The Ninja Baker
© ™ Watkinson 2012
The Ninja Baker has guest blogged and contributed recipes to numerous food sites. These additional recipes can be found here.
Follow Ninja Baker @NinjaBaking's board NinjaBaker.com Savories on Pinterest.