Adapted from Cleverly Inspired, I added and deleted a few items from the original recipe. Only organic ingredients were used as I was catering to the health conscious crowd – my husband.
If you like a thicker sauce, after five hours, take out the chicken and add one tablespoon or more of cornstarch. Then warm up the chicken with the thick sauce for another five minutes.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 10 pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon chopped ginger
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Place in the slow cooker.
Whisk all the remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour over the chicken.
Note: Coating a measuring cup with cooking spray lets the honey slide out of the cup into the bowl.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.