Custard Filling Ingredients:
• Five salted egg yolks
• 45 grams of condensed milk
• 50 grams of unsalted butter at room temperature
• 50 grams of coconut milk
• 30 grams of dry milk powder
Bao Dough Ingredients
• 250 grams of all-purpose flour (make sure you know if the flour has gone bad (http://sumochef.com/does-flour-go-bad/) before using it)
• Half a teaspoon of instant yeast
• Half a teaspoon of brown sugar
• Half a cup of milk
• Two tablespoons of oil
• 75 grams of flour
• One egg white
• Two tablespoons of sugar
• 2/3 tablespoon of dry milk powder
• Quarter teaspoon of baking powder
1. Crack the salted eggs and separate the yolk from the egg whites. Be sure to run the yolks under running water to remove the egg whites completely.
2. Steam the yolks under low heat for about ten to twelve minutes. Let them cool after.
3. Add the yolks to a bowl and mash it with a fork. Add the condensed milk and butter, mixing everything until well combined.
4. Add the coconut milk and dried milk powder, stirring until everything is well incorporated.
5. Put fillings in a mold. You can use a silicone cake pop mold, or you can chill it in the fridge until it firms up and you can mold it yourself with your hands. Put it in the freezer, letting it chill for twelve hours.
1. Add all the ingredients from the first part and mix it at low speed for three minutes. Increase the speed to medium and mix for ten minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
2. Knead the dough with your hand for one minute, shaping it into a ball. Put it in a bowl and cover it with plastic, leaving it to rise for about an hour.
3. Lightly knead the dough to release the gas. Then, add in all the ingredients from the second part, kneading it at low speed. Then, raise it to medium speed and knead the mixture for ten minutes, until the dough is smooth again. Knead the dough by hand for one minute, shaping it into a bowl.
4. Divide the dough into 30-gram pieces and shape it into a small bowl. Cover it with plastic and let it rest for five minutes. Roll it into a flat disc, then add it to the flattened dough, wrapping it. Put it on top of a piece of paper and add it to the steamer, letting it rest for five minutes.
5. Steam it on high for ten minutes. Serve and enjoy!