Food revolutions are sweeping across America. Despite the statistics about the unhealthy eating habits in the U.S., the good word about gluten-free and dairy-free dishes and desserts is getting out. That’s thanks to grassroots leaders/ food bloggers like Bea at the Not So Cheesy Kitchen. As mom to daughters sensitive to various foods, Bea has consistently concocted delicious dairy-free and gluten-free treats for them. Lucky for us, she shares her carefully crafted recipes. (That’s love!) She is the perfect expert host for today’s free-of-allergen-foods virtual Sunday Supper on Twitter. (Please scroll down for participation details.)
And thanks to Ros, the more than occasional baker of the UK, I’ve got a slightly decadent gluten-free tofu chocolate mousse recipe to share.
Gluten-Free Tofu Chocolate Mousse:
Stress-free in the making and a smooth slide down the throat.
Are you surprised to see tofu in a dessert recipe title? The Japanese use the soy protein all the time to make luscious cheesecakes. The tofu acts like a sponge and absorbs the flavor of fellow ingredients. In this case chocolate, peanut butter and banana!
Tofu Chocolate Mousse
Adapted from the more than occasional baker
- 1 box soft tofu
- 2 bananas
- 3 heaped teaspoons of sweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of smooth peanut butter
- Fresh whipped cream
- Fresh cherries
- ?Whizz all the ingredients in a food processor.
- Divide into fancy glassware.
- Chill for a few hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and cherries.
I also baked up crispy (gluten-free) sugar cookies as a companion to the velvety chocolate mousse.
Gluten-Free Mousse and Cookies
As allergen-free mixes in the baking aisle tend to be hit-and-miss, my expectations for my beloved Betty Crocker were not high. However, I’m elated to report that America’s iconic homemaker delivered! Using a Betty Crocker cake mix and recipe I discovered bites of sugar cookie goodness - just as yummy as the “regular” kind.
Gluten-free but as good as the "regular" kind.
Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
From Betty Crocker.com
1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free yellow cake mix
½ cup butter, softened
Heat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, stir all ingredients together except the sanding sugar with spoon until dough forms.
Shape dough by teaspoonfuls into balls. On parchment-lined cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in sanding sugar.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 2 minutes; carefully remove from the cookie sheets to cooling racks.
The recipes listed below will also promise to bring you bites of deliciousness.
Mousse pairs perfectly with cookies.
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut & Soy Free Brown Rice Breakfast Pudding by girlichef
- Dairy & Nut and Sugar Free Blueberry Tangerine Muffins by Vintage Kitchen
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, Nut, and Soy Free Homemade Mango Jam Recipe by Masala Herb
- Gluten Free Nothing Missing Manicotti by Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Sun-Dried Tomato & Feta Meatballs over Courgette Noodles by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Gluten Free Pizza by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Balsamic Portobello Burgers by Curious Cuisinere
- Dairy & Egg Free Raw Pasta with Tomato and Basil Sauce by Mama's Blissful Bites
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Nut Free Mushroom Risotto Bake by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Mac and "Cheese" by Webicurean
- Dairy, Egg & Nut Free Creamy Mushrooms on Pasta by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Gluten Free Persian Cucumber Yoghurt by Shockingly Delicious
- Gluten Free Quinoa with Olives, Basil and Sun-dried Tomatoes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake!!!
- Dairy Free Farro and Fruit Salad by Magnolia Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Dairy Free Fattoush Salad by From the Bookshelf
- Gluten Free Chickpea Fritters by The Lovely Pantry
- Dairy, Egg, and Gluten Free Black Bean and Mango Salad by Soni's Food
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten, and Nut Free Grilled Fennel Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Dairy & Gluten Free French Bread by Blueberries and Blessings
- Dairy & Gluten Free Crunchy Almond Sesame Crackers by Sue's Nutrition Buzz
- Dairy & Gluten Free Individual Chocolate Pavlova by The Girl in The Little Red Kitchen
- Gluten Free Flourless Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies by Juanita's Cocina
- Gluten Free Ghoriba by Maroc Mama
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Apple Almond Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Nut Free Lemon Cardamom Wedding Cookies by Gourmet Drizzles
- Dairy Free Chocolate Gelato by Growing Up Gabel
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Sugar Free Cantaloupe Strawberry Coconut Gazpacho by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Gluten Free Meringue Kisses with Dulce de Lece by Basic N Delicious
- Dairy & Egg Free Vegan Everyday Chocolate Loaf by Gotta Get Baked
- Gluten, Dairy, and Nut Free Coconut Macaroons by Happy Baking Days
- Dairy, Egg, Gluten & Soy Free Tastes like Chocolate Ice Cream by Cookistry
- Dairy, Egg & Gluten Free Vegan Bread Pudding by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Gluten Free Enoki Mushroom & Pine Nut Quinoa by Family Foodie
- Gluten Free Mousse & Cookies by Ninja Baking
- Gluten Free Brown Butter Snickerdooles by Pies and Plots
- Dairy, Egg & Soy Free Chai Spice Coconut Ice Cream by Daily Dish Recipes
- Gluten Free Lemonade Dip by The Messy Baker
- Gluten & Dairy Free Honey Bear Smoothies by Neighborfood
- Sugar Free Strawberry Meyer Lemonade by The Weekend Gourmet
Be sure to come back on Sunday for all the amazing "Free For All" recipes! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat party starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to see you to join all you need to do is follow[ the #SundaySupper hashtag and please do not forget to include the hashtag in your tweets as well. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.
Wishing you life’s pleasures which bless your heart and health.
The Ninja Baker
© ™ Watkinson 2012
The Ninja Baker has guest blogged and contributed recipes to numerous food sites. These additional recipes can be found here.