The embrace of the earthy Portabellinis (mini Portobello mushrooms) and the robust Burgundy seems to have been destined. Rich, hearty wine and mushroom flavors mingle with a trifecta of sweet corn, onion and green pepper.
- 6 Portabellini mushrooms with stems removed
- 5 tablespoons grape seed oil
- (OR 3 tablespoons plus grape seed oil cooking spray)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ stalk celery, thinly sliced
- ½ green pepper, thinly sliced or diced
- ¼ Gallo Family Vineyards Hearty Burgundy
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 3 ounces (a quarter of a box) of extra firm tofu, cubed
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Wash and pat dry the mushrooms. Spray grape seed cooking oil on the mushrooms or lightly coat with 2 tablespoons of grape seed oil. Bake on the prepared cookie sheet for 5 minutes.
In a pan sauté the onions with the grape seed oil for 3 minutes over medium-low heat. Add the corn, celery and green pepper. Sauté for another 3 minutes. Stir in the Hearty Burgundy and agave. Once all the vegetables are coated with the wine and agave, gently add the tofu. Take the pan from the heat.
With a mini ice cream scooper, fill the baked Portabellini mushroom shells. Serve hot with a glass of Hearty Burgundy.