Santa Claus cookie creation is delicious fun. Especially when songs of the season are playing and strong coffee is brewing.
This Santa cookie is adapted from a recipe at Pillsbury.com.
- 2 rolls Pillsbury refrigerated sugar cookies
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 packages Betty Crocker red cookie icing
- 2 packages Betty Crocker white cookie icing
- 1 package mini chocolate chips
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 1 package mini (green) and red M & Ms
- 1 package coconut flakes
On a wax covered cutting board, roll out the refrigerated dough. Knead in the flour and sugar. Scoop up ½ tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place on parchment lined cookie sheets and flatten. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes in a 350°degree oven. Cool completely and decorate.
With the red cookie icing create Santa’s cap on the top half of the cookie. Trim with white cookie icing. Drop a white chocolate chip at the top of Santa’s cap. With the white icing glue on the mini chips and M & Ms for the eyes and red nose. Also with the white icing create Santa's coconut beard.