Delightfully moist, decadently rich and resplendent with chocolate, this cupcake delivers deliciousness. Tucked into the batter is pumpkin puree which surreptitiously provides a blast of vitamins A and K into the system of the cupcake consumer!
If available, add Japanese miso to the mix. The salty soybeans compliment the chocolate. (Do skip the salt in a recipe, though, if using Japanese miso.)
Ninja Note: Beetroot powder can also enhance the health benefits of the cupcake and the frosting.
Adapted from Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld
- 1 chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons almond milk creamer
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (Plain...although I might try chocolate next time!)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Japanese white miso
- 1 generous cup of dark chocolate chunks
Yields 12 regular (medium) size chocolate cupcakes and 24 mini chocolate cupcakes
With an electric mixer, combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chunks.
When the batter is smooth, stir in the chocolate chunks.
Divide into cupcake cases in a muffin tin.
Bake in a 350° oven: 26~27 minutes for regular (medium) size cupcakes & 20~21 minutes for mini cupcakes.