Matcha Green Tea Holiday Wreath Cookies
The Zen of the Japanese tea ceremony is delivered in the Ninja Baker's matcha cookies. Just as a sweet is offered with green tea in a traditional Japanese tea ceremony, powdered sugar in the cookie dough balances the slightly bitter green tea powder...And produces a perfectly delicious cookie!
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2½ tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- Knead the sugar and matcha green tea powder into the dough. (Plastic gloves help to keep your hands free of green.)
- Between wax paper, roll out the matcha sugar cookie dough.
- Cut out circles with a biscuit cutter.
- With a smaller circle, punch out a smaller circle in the centers.
- Place on parchment lined cookie sheets and freeze overnight.
- Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 12 minutes.
- When the cookies come out of the hot oven, reinforce the center circles. Press on the M & Ms.