The Ninja Baker's Reduced Sugar Donuts topped with
Japanese Plum Wine Glaze.
How serendipitous that only healthy, lighter foods will be served at our first #SundaySupper in 2015. (Scroll down to see your invite to the #SundaySupper virtual table at Twitter.) Our host is the maestro of gluten-free goodies. His delicious blog is Gluten Free Crumbley.
The Japanese Daruma crafted after the likeness of the Father of Zen Buddhism bounces back when pushed.
When you need an energy boost, Triple Sec Glazed Mini Donuts will help you bounce back.
In line with the leitmotif of the Year of the Sheep and today’s #SundaySupper, I created reduced sugar donuts. Without toppings the donuts are entirely sugar free and gluten-free. Happy to say my husband, David (who is also my toughest critic) kept coming into the kitchen to grab the plain ones. Both David and I agreed the reduced sugar donuts are indeed tasty and donuty in texture. As for the flavor, we also agreed my baked donuts were similar to a waffle.
Sugar free donuts drizzled with Japanese plum wine glaze,
melted chocolate and/or Triple Sec glaze are mini bites of perfection for brunch.
David is not a huge frosting fan. But, I am!. Isn’t a waffle tastier with syrup? Yes! (Or are you more like David who likes his plain?) Well, this Ninja Baker couldn't resist whipping up three toppings to complement the reduced sugar donuts. The glazes are made with true sugar. The calories are cancelled out because they adorn zero sugar donuts. (Tee hee. Do you adhere to the Diet Coke makes chocolate cake skinny food philosophy, too?)
Peko-chan, a Japanese symbol of sweet caramels and chocolates,
seems to like the Ninja Baker's reduced sugar donuts, too.
A platter of The Ninja Baker’s Reduced Sugar Donuts would be a colorful and delicious addition to any brunch. If children are present at the table, substitute tart cherry juice for the Japanese plum wine. Try orange juice for the Triple Sec.
This New Year brings in one of what I hope many yummy but healthier goodies. The Ninja Baker's reduced sugar donuts are truly delicious...Added bonus: The donuts are gluten-free, too!
Yields 42 mini donuts. The toppings will each cover 12 mini donuts.
- 1 cup rice flour blend
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup erythritol
- 3 tablespoons non fat dry milk powder
- 3¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ baking soda
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1¼ cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat the mini muffin wells generously with coconut oil.
- Sift together the flours, erythritol, milk powder, baking powder, soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut milk with stevia, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla bean paste.
- Create a well in the middle of the flour mix. Pour in the coconut milk mixture. Stir well until all the ingredients are combined.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool and enjoy plain or dip into glaze or melted chocolate.
*Japanese Plum Wine Glaze: Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons of Japanese plum wine.
*Triple Sec Glaze: Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar with 3 tablespoons of Triple Sec.
*Chocolate Frosting: Melt 2 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate with 2½ tablespoons of coconut milk.
Donut fans may also enjoy:
And recipes from the SundaySupper crew will put a smile on your face, too!
- Almond Mocha Smoothie from The Foodie Army Wife
- Chocolate-Covered Berries Green Smoothie from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Citrus DeTox Spa Water from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Peachilious Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Blissful Breakfast Items
- Apple Crumble Smoothie Bowl from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Light Eggs Benedict from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Multigrain Scones from The Texan New Yorker
- Nutty Granola Bars from Pies and Plots
- Reduced Sugar Donuts from The Ninja Baker
- Broccoli Pesto from Curried Cantaloupe
- Fava Bean and Avocado Guacamole from Pancake Warriors
- Homemade Snickerdoodle Peanut Butter from Wallflour Girl
- Norwegian Egg Benedict from Brunch with Joy
- Roasted Pumpkin and Chevre Bruschetta from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Spicy Curried Lentil Spread with Winter Veggies from Lifestyle Food Artistry
Savory Soups and Sides
- Butternut Squash and Roasted Red Pepper Soup from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Light Creamed Roasted Vegetable Soup from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Detox Chicken Bok Choy Soup from Nosh My Way
- French Potato Leek Soup from Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Chicken Pho Soup from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Marinated Tomato and Mozzarella Salad from From Gate to Plate
- Quinoa Mango Pomegranate Spinach Salad with White Balsamic Vinigrette from Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Red Cabbage and Golden Raisin Salad from girlichef
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Endive Slaw with Champagne Vinaigrette from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Spinach and Black Bean Ravioletti Soup from Big Bear's Wife
- Black Pepper Tofu with Black Garlic Sauce from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Fish Steamed with Spicy Couscous from Food Lust People Love
- Greek Style Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce from Nik Snacks
- Kale Pesto with Squash Noodles from Ruffles & Truffles
- Mexican Turkey Cutlets from Magnolia Days
- Meyer Lemon Roasted Chicken Thighs, Fennel & Sweet Potato from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Portuguese Kale Soup from Recipes Food and Cooking
- Salmon with Mushroom Sauce from Cooking Chat
- Skinny Chicken-Leek Pot Pie from The Weekend Gourmet
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Quinoa from Bobbi's Kosy Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Italian Barley & Sausage from Foxes Loves Lemons
- Tomato Basil Soup with Grilled Pimento Cheese Sandwiches from Food Done Light
- Tomato Goat Cheese Arugula Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Easy to be Green Chocolate Chip Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Fruit Parfait from Desserts Required
- Maple Pear Scones from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Easy Blackberry Crumble from The Perfect Brownie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Wishing you peace and prosperity in this New Year of the Sheep.
The Ninja Baker
© ™ Watkinson 2012
The Ninja Baker has guest blogged and contributed recipes to numerous food sites. These additional recipes can be found here.
Follow Ninja Baker @NinjaBaking's board NinjaBaker.com Sweets on Pinterest.