Melt in the mouth goodness gluten-free scones. Add a touch of strawberry jam - Heaven! Your mini mes will love the Ninja Baker's gluten-free mini scones whether they are gluten sensitive or not.
- 1 cup rice blend flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour + extra for rolling out the scone dough
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup superfine or caster sugar
- 1 egg for the dough
- 1 egg, beaten, for brushing the tops of the scones before baking
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons French vanilla half and half
- ½ cup cold butter
1. Whisk together the flours, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. Cut the butter into cubes and work into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter, two knives and/or your clean fingers.
3. When the dough resembles pea-size crumbly bits, add the egg.
4. Stir in the half and half. Keep mixing until all ingredients are well combined and clump together to form a ball.
5. Cover a cutting board with wax paper. Sprinkle coconut flour on top. Slide the dough onto the board. Sprinkle a bit more flour on top of the dough. Cover with another piece of wax paper.
6. Roll out the dough to ½ inch width. Cut out 1 ½ inch circles.
7. Place the circles onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Paint the scones with the lightly beaten egg.
9. Bake for 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Or until the bottoms look golden brown.
Yields approximately 30 mini scones.