Japanese Plum Wine Mini Mori-Nu Cupcakes #vegan #glutenfree
Yes. You can have cake, wine and stay healthy! How?
Well, by using Japanese tofu as a foundation you are off to a good start. Tofu is packed with protein, iron and calcium.
Also, when using coconut oil instead of the usual vegetable oil called for in cake recipes, you are helping reduce heart problems.
And by using Japanese plum wine you are ensuring that a bit of zinc (touted to prevent against “the virus”) is baked into your sweets. FYI. Headaches are apparently less intense after drinking Japanese plum wine.
Of course, portion control is essential to balance when it comes to eating…So, by making mini cupcakes, you reduce the risk of overeating.
In all transparency, it may take a bit of discipline to eat just 1, 2 or 3 Japanese Plum Wine Mini
Mori-Nu Cupcakes are light and moist. The alcohol kissed cake is a perfect companion to the teaspoon of donut-like glaze.
Japanese Plum Wine Mini Mori-Nu Cupcakes
Yields 48 mini cupcakes⠀
- 1 box Mori-Nu Silken Tofu Firm
- 1/4 cup + 2 T. Japanese Plum Wine
- 1/3 cup coconut oil⠀
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 heaping T cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- a pinch of salt
- 18 oz vegan cream cheese⠀
- 4 T vegan butter, softened
- 3 tsps Japanese Plum Wine
- 5 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF and place cases into the mini cupcake pans. ⠀
2. In a blender, mix the tofu with the plum wine, oil and vanilla on high speed.
3. Combine the wet ingredients (tofu, wine, oil and vanilla) with the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt).⠀
4. Mix well.
5. With a mini ice cream scoop or tablespoon evenly distribute the batter.
6. Bake for about 16-18 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.⠀
7. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely and then frost
1. With electric mixer, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Gradually pour in powdered sugar 1 cup at a time until fully mixed.
3. Add in plum wine. If mixture is too soft, let the icing set in the freezer for about 15 minutes. ⠀
Recipe Inspired By @morinutofu @40aprons on Instagram
The Ninja Baker
© ™ Watkinson 2012
The Ninja Baker has guest blogged and contributed recipes to numerous food sites. These additional recipes can be found here.