Gluten-Free Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Scones
Gluten free almond butter mingles with mini chocolate chips in a grand blast of scone scrumptiousness. Glutino Gluten Free Pantry Muffin Mix is the matchmaker who brings together the simpatico ingredients.
- 1 Glutino Gluten Free Pantry Muffin Mix
- ½ cup frozen butter
- ¼ cup crunchy almond butter
- ½ cup French Vanilla almond milk + extra for brushing the tops of the scones
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
With a pastry cutter (or two knives) cut the butter and almond butter into the muffin mix. Once the mixture is coarse and crumbly, add the almond milk, almond extract and egg. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
Create mini scones with a mini ice cream scooper and drop onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten. Brush with almond milk. Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.