Tofu Nuggets are kanpeki (perfect in Japanese) for kids and meatless Mondays!
Japanese panko breadcrumbs are tossed together with super-good-for-you beetroot powder.
P.s. The beetroot powder only adds color and superfood strength to the tofu nuggets.
- 1 block of firm or extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup Japanese panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp beetroot powder (health / vitamin section Whole Foods)
- Tomato ketchup (optional)
- Soy Sauce (optional)
- Cut the tofu into bite-size cubes or hearts or whatever cookie cutter shape you love.
- Whisk the egg
- Toss together the panko breadcrumbs, paprika and beetroot powder.
- Dip each tofu cube (or heart) into the egg
- Next cover each tofu cube with the breadcrumb, red paprika and beetroot mixture.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 10 mins.
- Serve with American ketchup, Japanese soy sauce or your favorite condiment.