Cherry Chipotle Not Ketchup makes the Ninja Baker's Asian Chicken flavors sing with just the right amount of sweet spice!
- ¼ pound chicken tenders, cut into one-bite morsels
- ¾ cup chicken stock (or water)
- ½ cup thinly sliced Japanese daikon radish
- ½ cup bite-size carrot slices
- Enough EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) to coat a frying pan (I used 3 tablespoons)
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ red pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Szechuan sauce
- 1 tablespoon tonkatsu sauce (Worcestershire works, too)
- 1 tablespoon rice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup Not Ketchup Cherry Chipotle
Place the chicken, daikon and carrot into a frying pan. Pour the soup stock (or water) over the three ingredients until they are just covered. Parboil on low to medium heat until the veggies are soft and the chicken is cooked. Drain the liquids from the pan. Set the chicken, daikon and carrots on a paper towel.
Into the emptied frying pan, drizzle the EVOO until the pan is well coated. Set the stove to a medium-low flame. Fry the chopped onions for about 3 minutes. Stir continuously until slightly soft. Whisk in the garlic and red pepper. Add in the chicken, carrots, daikon, the sauces, vinegar, mustard and Not Ketchup. Turn the flame to low, cover the pan and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
Serve over quinoa, rice or pasta.