Better than Pumpkin Pie Vegan Coffee Cake
Better than Pumpkin Pie Vegan Coffee Cake: It’s perfect for brunch and will be done almost before you can say bibbidi-bobbidi-boo!
The pumpkin is not overly pronounced and the subtle cinnamon smooch lingers on the lips. Demerara sugarcoated pecans topping contrasts with the soft but dense cake. The balance of flavors and textures are sublime. Why, it’s almost a vegan fairy tale sort of cake.
Adapted from VeganRicha.com
- 1½ cups Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- Generous ½ cup plus 2 T vegan powdered sugar
- (Available at Whole Foods)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 tsp pie spice
- 1 cup organic pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 T coconut oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 T Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- Generous 1/3 cup + 1 T Demerara sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp pie spice
3 T coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, powdered vegan sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pie spice in a large bowl. Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix well. Pour the contents of the bowl into the pan. Smooth with an icing spatula.
- In a clean bowl, toss together the streusel by combining well the flour, Demerara sugar, pecans, pie spice and coconut oil. Spread evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes, rotating the pan midway through the bake.
- Allow to cool slightly and wow your brunch guests!