Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bars
Before or after Christmas, Chocolate Chip Cranberry Bars are a super-chocolaty cookie bar with a cranberry surprise. Perfect for bake sales, parties and Santa!
This recipe is adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction.
- 2 and 1/4 cups (280g) Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup (200g) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 generous cup (180g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C). Line the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil or parchment, leaving an overhang on all sides to easily lift the bars out of the pan when cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, potato starch, and salt together. Set aside.
- In anotherbowl, vigorously stir the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain.
- Add the beaten egg and egg yolk. Pour in the vanilla extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer dough to the prepared baking pan and press/smooth into an even layer.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until lightly browned on the sides. Use a toothpick to test for doneness; if it comes out clean from the center of the pan, the bars are done.
- Allow the bars to cool in the pan for at least an hour. Once relatively cool, lift the foil out of the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into squares.
- the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
For a 9x13 pan: Double the ingredients. The bars will take longer to cook through, about 50 minutes at 350°F (177°C). Use a toothpick to test for doneness.