Easy Japanese Edamame Mexican Rice
Easy Japanese Edamame Mexican Rice is ideal for the nights when you are short on time but want to deliver big on flavor and nutrition.
- 1 package Del Real Foods Arroz Rice
- 3/4 cup cooked edamame beans
- 1/4 - 1/2 block of extra-firm tofu
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds
- Heat the Del Real Arroz Rice according to the package directions.
- If using frozen edamame, bring the beans to a boil in salted water. Drain.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Slice the scallions into small bits.
- Chop the red pepper.
- Toast the sesame seeds in an ungreased fry pan, constantly swirling, over medium to low heat. As soon as you smell a subtle but definite sesame essence, remove from the heat. (About 3 minutes for one tablespoon.)
- Toss in the edamame, scallions, red pepper and tofu into the rice.
- Garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.