Gluten-Free Raspberry Surprise Matcha Mini Cakes
Moist light cake embraces a baked raspberry blended with bits of white chocolate chips. The recipe is super easy to make and would be a wonderful way to introduce kids to the flavors of other cultures.
Yields: 24 Gluten-Free Raspberry Surprise Matcha Mini Cakes
- Mounded 1/3 cup (72 g) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- Slightly less than ½ cup (82 g) sugar
- Conservative ½ cup (100 g) gluten-free hot cake / pancake mix
- 2 heaping tablespoons matcha green tea powder
- Generous ½ cup (92 g) white chocolate chips
- 48 fresh raspberries (I used Driscoll’s Organic Raspberries)
- 1 heaping tablespoon powdered sugar
Wash and drain fresh raspberries.
Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit or 170° Celsius.
Place mini cupcake cases into a mini muffin tin. Spray the cases with coconut oil. (Makes it easier to unwrap the mini cakes.)
Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for 33 seconds on high. Be sure to cover the butter in the bowl to avoid splatters. Cool slightly.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs together. Whisk in the sugar. Add the gluten-free pancake mix. Stir in the melted butter, followed by the matcha. Sprinkle in the white chocolate chips.
Drop a single raspberry into each mini muffin case. Pour a tablespoon of matcha batter over the raspberry.
Bake for 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centercomes out clean.
Cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and garnish with a fresh raspberry. (There is no such thing as too much of a good thing...espcially when it comes to raspberries!)