Healthy Delectable Carrot Cake Dessert #GlutenFree
The gluten-free recipe below for carrot cake bakes up into a moist but firm cake. (Use the same amount of regular flour if gluten is not a concern for you.) The chopped nuts and fresh grated carrots add wholesome goodness. The spice in the cake does compliment cream cheese frosting. To keep it healthy, I refrained my frosting enamored self from going to town. But a little bit doesn’t hurt, right?
This recipe is inspired by the carrot cake at LiveWellBakeOften.com.
2 cups Gluten-Free Baking Flour (spooned & leveled)
*Bob’s Red Mill One-on-One Baking Flour works well.
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ ~ 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 4 large room temperature eggs
- 1½ brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously – very generously – spray your favorite bundt pan with coconut oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, salt and nuts. Set aside.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, mix together the oil, eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, applesauce, and vanilla extract. Gently stir in the grated carrots.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. With a rubber spatula until just combined, making sure not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350°F for 70 to 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of each one comes out clean.
- Cool for 45 to 60 minutes. Carefully remove from the pan.
- Once completely cooled, frost with your favorite frosting.