Matcha Frosted Lavender Cupcakes
In Japanese cuisine, the look of a dish or dessert is tantamount to taste. The lavender hued cupcakes are indeed a lovely sight. The perfume of the cupcake also informs the palate in a very pleasant way! Bold matcha frosting compliments the light lavender cake.
P.s. If you prefer subtler scents and tastes, reduce the matcha and lavender by a tablespoon.
- 1 package Organic Miss Jones Vanilla Cake Mix
- ½ cup milk
- 3½ tablespoons lavender
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Drops of lavender food coloring
- 1 tub Organic Miss Jones Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- 3 tablespoons matcha powder
- Gently heat the milk with the lavender with drops of food coloring. Pour the lavender milk through a strainer into a large bowl. Bring to room temperature. (Unless you want scrambled lavender eggs.)
- Whisk in the cake mix, butter and eggs.
- Divide the batter into cupcake cases. Bake at 350° for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes.
- Combine the frosting with the matcha with an electric mixer.
- Frost the cooled lavender cupcakes and enjoy!