Matcha Monster Rice Krispies #SundaySupper
Classic American Rice Krispies are a classic for a reason. They’re tasty!!! Mix in Japanese matcha and your taste buds will say domo arigato. Thank you. The slightly bitter fresh-leaf Japanese matcha powder balances the super-sweet marshmallow...This Rice Krispie treat achieves the harmony sought after in Japanese culture.
Here’s a review of Rice Krispie-making musts.
- Coat a saucepan with cooking spray before melting the butter and marshmallows.
- Spray the spatula or wooden spoon also.
- Press the Rice Krispies into a pan lined with wax paper.
Based on the original Rice Krispie Treats recipe.
- 3 T butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 T Japanese matcha powder
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 24 monster candy eyes
- 12 mini Oreos
- 3 T frosting (enough to make the eyes stick to the Oreos)
- Melt the butter in the saucepan over the low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and matcha.
- Stir in the cereal.
- When completely combined, press into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Cool. Cut.
- Create Matcha Monsters by gluing candy eyes onto Oreo cookies with frosting.