The Orville Season 2 Bourbon Cake
The Orville Season 2 Bourbon Cake is out of this world yummy! Fluffy cake with a kiss of spice follows a burst of bourbon. Bake this batter up into 60 cakelets or 1 large bundt cake. Serve with or without traditional Southern pecans. P.s. This is a grownups only dessert.
A few modifications were made to the original Restless Chipotle recipe.
- Coconut oil spray to coat cakelet (or bundt) pans
- Sugar for dusting the cakelet (or bundt) pans
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsps. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 3/4 cup bourbon + more for drizzling on hot cake
- Preheat the oven to 325º
- Coat caklet pans or a bundt pan with coconut oil spray (or baking spray.) Follow with a dusting of sugar.
- Gently shake the pans to remove any excess sugar.
- Blend the butter and sugar in a kitchen stand mixer for about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add the eggs. Scraping the bowl as necessary to incorporate into the mixture.
- Fold in 1/2 cup of the bourbon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Spoon the flour mixture into the creamed ingredients a bit at a time.
- Combine well on low speed; stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup bourbon.
- Divide into 60 cakelet pans or pour into one large bundt pan.
Bake for 65 to 70 minutes, rotating halfway through the bake.
(Use a toothpick in the center. If it comes out without crumbs, remove the cake from the oven.)
While still hot, take a 1/4 tsp. and drizzle around the edges of each cakelet.
(For the 60 cakelets you may end up using about 1/3 cup of bourbon.)
- Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
With a frosting spatula gently dislodge from the pans and allow the cakelets to cool completely.
Or enjoy hot!
1. To avoid sugar clumps, use a chopstick to swirl the sugar more evenly in the greased cakelet pans.
2. Use an ice cream scooper to evenly divide the batter into the cakelet pans.
3. Fill all corners of the cakelet pans by smoothing the batter with a chopstick.