Skinny Ninja Cheesecake
Light and luscious, both filling and crust are studded with citrus accents. Skinny ninja cheesecake will stave off cravings for more decadent versions of the dessert.
Inspired by the Morinaga Tofu Cheesecake recipe.
For the crust:
- ½ box (6 ounces) low-fat vanilla wafer
- 7 tablespoons coconut oil + additional coconut oil for greasing the pan
- 1 teaspoon minced lemon peel
For the filling:
- 1 package (12 ounces) of soft tofu
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons Japanese yuzu citrus juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 package (8 ounces) 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 can (14 ounces) condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ¼ cup coconut flour
For the optional turtles garnish:
- Low-fat chocolate cookies
- Eye candies
- Mini Reese’s Cups
- Mini Tootsie Rolls
- M & Ms
Lightly grease a 10” springform pan with coconut oil.
Pulse the vanilla wafers with coconut oil and lemon peel in the food processor.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
Blend the tofu, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons yuzu or lemon juice in a clean food processor. (Lucky you if you have two food processors!)
Add in the cream cheese and yogurt.
When the mixture is smooth, slowly add the egg yolks, condensed milk, the remaining yuzu or lemon juice, vanilla, corn starch and coconut flour.
Pour the batter into the crust.
Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 44 minutes.
Allow to cool for one hour. Place in the refrigerator over night.