Speaking as an auntie and great-auntie, here are a few strategies used to get children to eat their vegetables!
1. Use colorful vegetables
2. Incorporate the vegetables into something yummy like ramen (or brownies!)
3. Create fun shapes with vegetables using cookie cutters and/or Japanese bento tools.
4. Get the children involved in the making of veggie ramen or whatever dish you are serving.
5. Use time in the kitchen with children as a way to play.
1. Boil 2 cups of water.
2. Add ramen noodles, stirring with a wooden spoon.
3. Mix in the soup packet.
4. Punch out animal, flower, star shapes with cookie cutters (and/or Japanese bento tools) on slightly cooked carrots and/or peppers. Zucchini can be cooked or uncooked.
5. Garnish the ramen with the veggie shapes, corn niblets, green bean slivers and other oh-so-good-for-you vegetables.