Japanese tako (octopus) tofu, turkey or beef hot dogs bring smiles to kids of all ages...Including aunties! Hot dogs shaped into octopuses frequently adorn Japanese bento. Placed there with love by mothers, aunties and grandmas. Maybe you'll be making Japanese tako tofu regularly dogs, too.
1. Bring a pan of water (enough to cover your hot dogs) to a boil.
2. Cut hot dogs in half (horizontally.)
3. On each tip, with a sharp knife cut a cross figure (about 1/3 of the way down.)
4. Place the hot dogs into the boiling water.
5. Watch octopus legs appear!