Bite into this lovely, light white cupcake adorned with blueberries and whipped cream stars. Discover a luxurious fragrant rose petal jam. Rather than jam on toast, this is a treat for the taste buds. Cake serves as the foundation for a not-so-sweet touch of smooth, sophisticated like a subtle wine, rose petal jam.
Yields 18 cupcakes.
- 4 egg whites
- ¼ (a generous pinch) of cream of tartar
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup blueberry Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- ¾ cup rose petal jam or preserves
- (Rose petal jam and preserves are available at various online stores including Wal-Mart)
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of whipping cream stabilizer powder
- ½ cup plus fresh blueberries, washed
Whip up the 4 egg whites with a pinch of cream of tartar until soft peaks emerge. Add the cake mix, oil and blueberry yogurt.
With a mini ice cream scooper, divide some of the batter into muffin tins lined with cupcake cases. Drop a tablespoon of rose petal jam into the centers. Cover with the remaining batter.
Bake in a 350° for 24 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a non-rose petal jam area comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
In a bowl and beater that has been left overnight in the freezer, pour in the heavy cream. Beat and slowly add in the powdered sugar, vanilla and stabilizer. When the cream is stiff, place the whipped cream into a piping bag with a star tip.
Decorate the cupcakes and garnish with fresh blueberries.