Vegan Japanese Plum Wine Donuts
Japanese Plum Wine Donuts are dainty dynamite donuts. The vegan gems are also gluten-free and accented with Japanese Plum Wine. They’re perfect for the grownup whose inner child still jumps for joy at the mention of donuts.
Adapted from Erin McKenna’s Baby Cakes Covers the Classics.
Yields 36 mini donuts
- 1/3 cup coconut oil plus more for brushing the donut molds
- ¾ cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup sorghum flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup arrowroot
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ¾ cup agave nectar plus 2 tablespoons
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce with cinnamon
- ¼ cup Japanese plum wine
- ¼ cup hot Japanese plum wine
- Drops of rose pink food coloring
- Sugar sprinkles
- Set the oven to 325° Generously coat mini donut pans with coconut oil.
- Whisk together the flours, potato starch, arrowroot, baking powder, salt, baking soda, xanthan gum in a large bowl. Stir in the agave nectar, applesauce, Japanese plum wine and rose pink food coloring. Mix well.
- Scoop up 2 tablespoons of batter. Smooth evenly in each well with a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Rotate the pan in the oven after 5 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Gently remove and sprinkle with sugar.